Issues and Grievances Against Banks:
1. How Can I rectify wrong information in my credit report/ BCSB report?You may raise an online complaint through your bank/brank and the respective department within CBO will track the status of your online complaint till closure.
2. My bank has given me No Objection Letter (NOC) but my BCSB report still showing I have old loans with “Active” status? You can raise a complaint by downloading the form from BCSB page in CBO website www.cbo.gov.om and sending it along with all the supporting documents via email to BCSBsupport@cbo.gov.om
Commemorative, Banknotes and Coins:
1. Does the Central Bank of Oman sell commemorative coins? Yes CBO sells commemorative coins and Uncut banknotes sheets.
2. How can one obtain commemorative coins and bank notes? How can I get an insight about technical specifications of notes, coins, and commemorative coins?An interested buyer is required to visit CBO Head office to buy the coins or the commemorative or Uncut bank notes sheets. You can visit our online currency gallery for an insight on the technical specifications of currency notes and coins.
3. How do I know that my banknote is not counterfeit? The technical specifications of notes and coins are very clearly mentioned on our website. You can visit the Currency Gallery and cross-check your currency note against the technical specifications provided therein.
4. How do I know about the historical evolution of the currencies in Oman?The currency gallery on this website will give you a brief historical perspective of the evolution of different currencies in Oman.
5. Can I visit the Currency Museum with my family? What are the timings of the currency museum? What is the per head fee payable? Yes. CBO currency museum is open for public between 9 am and 2 pm Sunday to Thursday. A nominal fee of 250 baisa is payable.6. Does CBO sell uncut sheets of banknotes?Yes CBO sells the Uncut banknotes sheets.
7. Do I need to make a booking to visit CBO’s Currency Museum?No. You can straight away walk-in to the Customer Service Unit of CBO and from there you can request for a visit to the Currency Museum. CBO officials present at the Customer Service Unit will guide you with the further procedure.
8. How do I know which commemorative coins and bank notes are available for sale?You can check the currency gallery on the website to know the availability of the commemorative coins and Uncut banknotes Sheets.
9. Can I buy the commemorative coins online? No CBO doesn’t have any mechanism to sell the commemorative coins or the Uncut banknotes Sheets online at the moment. You have to personally visit the CBO Head Office in Ruwi to purchase the same.
10. I have few Omani currency notes with me. How do I exchange them in my home country?You can exchange Omani currency notes in any of the money exchanges in your home country.